Monday, September 27, 2010

Pesto Making

Last year I did my best to grow as many herbs as possible in a few pots right outside my kitchen door. This year, I planted mint everywhere and decided I am going to let it grow wild. John really enjoys mint ice tea - and we will probably never need to buy mint ever again. However, I missed having basil - better yet, I missed making pesto. Remember this post from my first pesto making experience?

This year I made a trip to Cash & Carry and bought a giant bag of basil! The smell of basil filled my car and I headed home excited to make pesto. That is just what I did all afternoon on Friday.

The result was fantastic and I am already excited for dinner. I don't even know what we are having yet - but pesto will definitely be a part of it!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails