Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Here Come Changes

I have been busy with life - which means I have not blogged much lately. I have missed it dearly. To tell you the truth, I have even missed the computer itself! Isn't that strange?

Well, maybe that is not strange for some of you, but I was never a computer person and I never liked spending hours in front of one. Whenever I had to spend ridiculous hours writing papers I ALWAYS wanted to kill the computer and I ALWAYS walked away with a headache.

Now I miss it when I don't use it for a couple of days.

What caused this change?

Photography.

Actually, photography has caused a lot of changes in my life. I started dedicating more time to photography about a year ago because I had a lot of time in my hands. I did not like where my life was heading and I was eager to learn and to be challenged. I had always wanted to learn more about photography, but was always too busy to make it happen. So, in this case the lack of a job was quite a blessing!

I borrowed photography books, I read photographers' blogs, I looked for online tutorials, I started taking pictures of trees and still objects, I started editing pictures with free programs like Picasa, I got enough guts to ask friends if I could take their photographs, I started editing with Adobe Photoshop Lighroom, I went on shoots with Hailey Rahm...

...I created a list of goals and slowly started crossing them off.

In the last couple of weeks I got to cross multiple goals from the list! Are you ready for this?

Ladies and gentleman, I am now the owner of a DSLR camera and I am SO excited I smile every time I see the camera. Now I need some lenses...

There is more. I am also the owner of daniellynobile.com. Oh, and I ordered business cards!

I have long ways to go before I become an experienced professional photographer. I often feel like I am not good enough and that can be pretty discouraging. I am for sure my own worse critic. However, many people have told me that they really like my photographs and instead of being a chicken - I want to push myself and become better, believing that I have a talent. I want to learn more and I want to take on the challenges knowing that failures will lead to success if I choose to persist.

I got the chance to listen to Jasmine Star speak at WPPI last week and she said something I will never forget...at least I hope to never forget it:

It is better to fail doing something you are passionate about than to succeed doing something you hate.

Well, I am passionate about photography and I don't want fears to get in the way of my opportunities to grow. So, I am choosing to move forward!

P.S. If you or someone you know are in need of having photographs taken - contact me!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should have a link in your photography website to your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a link to my photography website above my 'followers.'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails