Monday, August 17, 2009

Pesto Sauce

I am a big fan of pesto sauce!

If I could choose between red sauce, white sauce or pesto - I would choose pesto for sure. As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure that I could just eat pesto by itself. Is that gross?

Oh well.

When my friend Camille gave me a bite of her pasta with REAL ITALIAN pesto a couple of months ago, I just wanted to keep eating and eating. But seriously. I cannot afford to buy pesto at a grocery store when a little jar costs $10.

So, I have been on a roll to create my own pesto sauce - with the help of my mother in law who makes wonderful meals!

About two months ago, I headed to Home Depot and bought myself a basil plant. I have taken care of that plant with special attention to make sure it would grow into a healthy 'pesto bush'! Well, today I got the chance to use its enormous leaves plus a couple of other ingredients to make a beautiful container of pesto!!!!
I am sooo excited to eat it with pasta and chicken tonight :)
Maybe I'll make a pesto sauce pizza for tomorrow...

**Lessons Learned**
-use a food processor, not a blender
-buy little containers to be able to freeze the pesto in small amounts
-don't make such a big mess in the kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails