Thursday, September 23, 2010

Teamwork


Picture by Robert J Martin

I am a lover of teamwork. Once you learn to be efficient while working with others, there is little you cannot accomplish. However, learning to work together is no easy task. It takes patience, perseverance, grace, optimism, more patience, determination, sense of humor, trust, hard work...

I got to witness all these things as I watched my husband play a game of baseball with his coworkers. John works with people from all over the world and many of his coworkers did not have the opportunity to grow up playing baseball - or even watching it on TV. This lack of familiarity did not stop 20 men from getting together to learn, teach, encourage each other and have fun while attempting to play baseball.

I watched from a distance with a smile on my face as I heard team members shout out:

"Good Swing!"
"Try again!"
"Way to go!"
"Good job guys!"

I was encouraged just by watching them being encouraging to one another!

P.S. My husband is awesome at being athletic. He is pretty much everything I am not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails