Friday, September 17, 2010

Ready for a Fit Body

Long before John and I got married, we talked about how we wanted to live active lives and stay in shape.

When I was still in school and had a very regimented schedule we were really good about exercising multiple times a week, even though we didn't have much time available.

This past year was the complete opposite.

I pretty much had all the time in the world and never really made exercising a priority...mainly because I really dislike exercising. In my opinion, it takes too much times, it is sweaty, I am horrible at breathing (seriously, I am horrible at breathing) and there is always something else more appealing that I could be doing instead of working out.

However, when I don't exercise I feel old, tired, bored, unmotivated...

So, John and I recently talked about how we need to start being more serious and perhaps have accountability partners to encourage us to exercise regularly. To be specific, we talked about this on Saturday. On Wednesday, a friend told me that she is going to start doing the Body for Life exercise with her husband and asked if John and I wanted to join them.

God pretty much answered that prayer before we could think about it twice!

We will be starting the 12 week program on Monday and I am so excited. Not only do we get to have more fit bodies, but we get to do it with friends!

Also, I should mention that the book Brain Rules by John Medina has really encouraged the both of us to get our butts moving - literally. If you need inspiration to get your butt moving, you should definitely read that book.

In the Exercise chapter, Medina talks about the ways exercise impacts the brain:

"Aerobic exercise lowers your odds of getting Alzheimer's by more than 60 percent."

No pill can do that for you. So, it is time to get moving!

P.S. I am sure you will be reading about the ups and downs of our experience throughout the next 12 weeks. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails