Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What is Your Personality Like?

A coworker asked me if I had ever taken the ‘Myers-Briggs/Jung Personality Type’ test and I told her that I haven’t. I have not taken those tests not because I have never heard of them (everyone has heard of them!), but because I was always skeptical. One of my Communication professors at the University of Washington always talked about how those tests were plain garbage…so I didn’t see the point in wasting my time to find out something that isn’t really valuable.

But that coworker sent me a link to the test…and I had some time in my hands…so I took the test.

The results?

ENFJ

Unsure of what that meant, I did a bit of research and here is what J. Butt and M.M. Heiss have to say about people like myself:

“ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear."

For those of you who know me well, what do you think? Does this sound like me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails