Sunday, November 21, 2010

The Simple Things in Life

Today was a really cold day! So cold that I never removed my wool jacket or my gloves at church. Oh, I should also mention that it snowed - although it didn't last for long.


Today I got to go to a retirement home with a couple of young man and women from church. We sang hymns, read from the bible and learned about having the heart of a servant. We sat in cushioned chairs and introduced ourselves to elderly man and women. I got to talk to Bert for a while and enjoyed every minute of it. He told me about his days in the army, his trips to the country side of France, his desire to learn more languages...We talked about volcanoes and astronomy. I told him a bit about my life and he wants me to come back and bring John with me. He told me he would like to meet my husband. (The fact that I have a husband still tickles me - even though we have been married for over two years!)


Today I went grocery shopping and for the first time ever, had a Costco hot dog for dinner with John. Despite our many trips to Costco during the past two years, we never had their hot dogs. Today was the perfect day for that because I didn't have anything ready for dinner at home.


Today I got to snuggle with John for a long time. There is no better way to keep warm these days.


Today was a good day! It was full of simple memories that brought joy to my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails