Wednesday, November 3, 2010

No Stomach


Something funny happened to me yesterday…but first let me give you some background.

When John and I got married and I moved to a new town, I had to find a new grocery store, drycleaner, gas station…

I needed to get my wedding dress cleaned and had no idea it was going to cost a fortune to clean the dress. Anyways, I called every single drycleaner in town and eventually found one very close to my home. Ever since then, I take my clothes to that same drycleaner and they do a great job altering pants as well.

By now, the drycleaner owners know me by name – well, they call me Mrs. Nobile…and for the sake of their privacy I will call them Tim and Jane.

So, yesterday I walked in the drycleaner with a few pair of pants that needed to be shortened (because I am a bit short and no pants ever fit me right out of the store). I put on the first pair and walked out so Jane could mark the right length. When that pair was done, I put on the second pair. This time, Jane looked at me and this conversation took place:

Jane: Have you been eating lately?
Danielly: Ya. Why?
Jane: You have no stomach. No stomach at all. You need to eat.
Danielly: Well, I am doing this workout routine and I guess it has taken some of my stomach away.
Jane: You need to eat more!
Danielly: But I do eat!
Jane: But you need to eat real food. Not a salad. You need beans and rice and some meat.
Danielly: That is pretty much my favorite meal ever…what can possibly be better than beans, rice and meat?
Jane: Well, you need to eat more…

So apparently I am thin and I need to eat more. In reality, I am thinner because of the Body for Life exercise…I wish I could stay thin and stop working out…I just don’t want to spend my evenings at the gym anymore…but being more fit (and thinner) is not a bad outcome.

The funniest part of the interaction between Jane and I is that she kept petting my stomach while telling me that I have no stomach at all. She must have done it at least ten times. No one has ever touched my stomach like that before. I started wondering if that is what I will have to deal with when I am pregnant one day…

2 comments:

  1. lol this is hilarious, I haven't read your blog in a while so yeah I just read it and cracked up. Umm... I also want to let you know that I would appreciate if I heard these things from you and not from your blog! Any ways I need to come over sometime and take my pants to get tailored there too, I'm sure she'll be like, see Mrs. Nobile you need to eat more like your sister, she has a stomach lol.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails