Saturday, November 6, 2010

Lately

Dear Readers,
I miss writing to you. Also, I am sorry for not having cool posts filled with cool pictures of cool life adventures. In reality, my life is not looking too cool lately.

John and I have been busy. Too busy. Not because we have once again filled our calenders with activities, but because life is bringing some unexpected curve balls. While John is busy preparing for some interviews and looking for another job, I am busy worrying about what life will be like in just a couple of days when we are both working full time.

Really, I feel silly admitting that I have been freaking out about this. How many hundreds, thousands or even millions of couples work full time? Um.Ya...I know I am being silly about this. But I worry that our lives will become our work. I worry that we will not have time to connect. I worry that I won't have time to invest in photography. I worry that the house is going to become a mess and that the laundry won't get done. I worry that I will be too tired after work to come home and cook dinner...and I like home cooked dinners.

Believe me, the worries are many and I don't like them.

I know that I am worrying because I am not relying on God. I know that I am struggling to trust that all will be well. I know that I am lacking faith.

Here is what the Bible says about worrying:
“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?


And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:25-34

I want to be like the birds of the air and the flowers of the field. I want to trust that God will provide for all our needs and all we need to do is make Him a priority in our lives. But this is easy to say, not easy to do.

So, this is what has been going on lately.

1 comment:

  1. You are right that it is harder to do this than say it. But saying it is a huge and awesome step in a direction of hope. It seems like God is taking your through a lot of uncertainty. Which is so hard! But, it is transformational, not stagnant struggle. It reminds me of Beth Moore's commentary on daniel in the fiery furnace, coming out unharmed. remember the 4 categories of being taken out of the fire, through it, from it...my memory is not great, lol. Although i'm not sure how God is taking you through this, I know that you will come out of it unharmed, and you story will be glorifying to the Lord. It already is, you encourage me!! Love you dearly Danielly.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails