Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The Heart of a Wife

I am away from John tonight…and I will be away from him until the end of the week. I am out of town for a job training and I’m having a hard time being apart from him this long. Since we got married (more then two years ago) I have only been far from John for two nights, so this is a record.

I spent my last day at home getting the house ready for him: restocking the fridge, doing the laundry, preparing some meals…

And as I prepared to leave him for a little while, I realized how much I cherish being his helper on a day to day basis. I like how we work as a team. I enjoy the fact that we depend on each other and are able to count on each other. I know that John is a ‘big boy’ and can take care of himself, but knowing that I can love him by taking care of some of his needs is a great blessing.

P.S. If I could magically turn tomorrow into Friday, I would!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails