Thursday, October 21, 2010

Work Out Update #4

Ok. I am a little late writing this update – considering that I try to write it in the beginning of the week and today is Thursday.

But, better late than never.

The workout routine is now a normal part of life. John and I no longer have to try to remember to work out. We know it is going to happen and our bodies know what to expect. Having said that, don’t think that we are always eager to get ourselves into the gym. Now that the weather is colder, I am finding that at the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is go work out. Instead, I want to take a shower and wrap my whole body in a blanket like a mummy.

I have procrastinated almost every day this past week – and the only thing that gets me going is the fact the John has been so committed that I know he would go even if I decided not to. And if he is going, than I feel that I HAVE to go as well.

We increased the weights on almost every exercise and that is both exciting and discouraging at the same time. It is fun to see how our bodies have adapted to the initial routine…but adding weights make the exercises just as hard as they were initially. So, sometimes it feels like we have not accomplished anything and we have to remind ourselves that we can do lunges with twice the amount of weights now.

Speaking of lunges, I dislike them with a passion. It takes me forever to go through all the reps and I am constantly aware that I might fall over at any minute while doing them.

However, I must mention that all this exercise must be doing us some good because we were able to hike a relatively tough mountain without feeling like we were going to die! I hiked Mt. Dickerman more than 4 years ago and it took me almost 5 hours to get to the top. This past Saturday it only took me 3 hours to get up there. Exciting! Maybe someday I’ll climb Mt. Rainier. After all, that is one of my goals, but I didn’t have the guts to share it with the World Wide Web in case it never actually happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails