Thursday, July 1, 2010

Goals

I have a bad habit of starting things, but never really finishing them. At least that is true when it comes to goals. I often verbalize that I want to accomplish something, but with time even I forget what it was that I was going to accomplish.

While recently talking about this with my friend, Genevieve, we decided it would be a good idea to keep each other accountable - and hopefully that would inspire us to accomplish our goals.

We met up and wrote down (on a napkin, since we forgot to bring paper) our goals. The big ones and the little ones as well.

To tell you the truth, having my goals written down is quite scary. I read them and think that I will NEVER accomplish some of them. It feels like life is too short to accomplish so many things.

Despite being super intimidated, I want to work hard to move forward. I want to live life with a purpose. I want to be more disciplined!

I am not not ready to share ALL my goals with the World Wide Web, but I will go ahead and share a couple of them.

  • Learn to sew
  • Go skydiving
  • Go on a mission trip with John
  • Run a 5K
  • Publish a book
  • Have a garden

Believe me, the list goes on...

I plan on writing about how I am doing with my goals and my hope is to inspire some of you to start working on your goals as well. If you are like me - and have a hard time following through with your goals, I suggest you share a list of your goals with someone you trust. Think of someone who is a great support who would be happy to embark on this new journey with you!

3 comments:

  1. wooooo! Goals rule! of course sometimes they suck. whatever. good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. those are great goals! I want to run a 5k with you this summer. Let's try to find one during July. woah, it is July.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure I can be ready in just a few weeks. I have not exercised in a while...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails