Sunday, October 24, 2010

Four Years Ago

On October 24, 2006 I got a phone call from John…but I was in the library and didn’t have any service. I suppose my lack of response to his phone call prompted him to send me an email.

Here are some pieces of the email I received:

Hey Goose,
I'm getting off work early today … Do you have time to get some dinner? … Just thought it'd be cool to hang out for a bit before core group.

See ya!
Shotgun

*Just so you know Goose and Shotgun are our Camp names. John and I met when we both signed up to be camp counselors in Alaska. His camp name was Shotgun and mine was Goose.

**Also, I will include that I read this email while with a group of friends from an accounting class (We were preparing for an accounting competition). I pretty much read this email and left my computer open while I went to the bathroom. When I came back, my friend Anna had replied for me saying that I would love to grab some dinner together.

So, I ended up going out to dinner with John that day. Before then, we were friends and had spent a lot of time together – but always in a group setting. This dinner was going to be our first time together alone.

To my surprise, John took me to a cute Italian restaurant and proceeded to tell me how he enjoyed spending time with me. I started thinking that this dinner was a bit like a date…

…I was nervous and couldn’t really eat. Finally John looked at me in the eyes and told me he wanted to be more than just a friend I see every now and then. He said he wanted to really get to know me and asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend!

I am pretty sure I could hear my heart pounding. I had liked John for a while and pretty much all my friends knew that. However, I didn’t think he had a clue. I didn’t even think he had ever ‘noticed’ me.
I told him that being his ‘girlfriend’ sounded wonderful…and the rest is history.

So, we are having dinner at that same cute Italian restaurant tonight to celebrate our last four years together!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails