Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Bokeh Fanatic

If you asked me anything about bokeh a year ago, I would have looked at you and pretended I knew what you were talking about. That is what I do. I pretend I understand and run home to do a quick Google search that hopefully clarifies all things.

Anyways, since diving into photography I have learned quite a bit - and a good bokeh has become a favorite. Seriously, I have a big soft spot for shallow depth of field.

If you are not a bokeh fanatic, here is a quick lesson:  small f-stop = wide aperture = shallow depth of field = lots of bokeh. I don't actually get it either. But it not only works, it looks great!

Below is a visual. Do you see how the wheatgrass is in focus but the whole background is a blur. That, my friend is what I am talking about. Beautiful!


PS. If I am not wearing contacts or glasses, bokeh is what I get to see everywhere. This may be the only beautiful thing about having bad eyesight!

1 comment:

  1. aww I really like this whole bokeh thing, that picture looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails