Tuesday, October 5, 2010

What's Your Color Personality?

When it comes to colors, I can be a little boring. Pretty much every outfit I own is either black, gray, white or navy blue. It is not that the other colors are ugly, it is just that I am not sure they would look good on me.

However, I secretly admire people who wear bold colors. I even admire people who paint their kitchens bright turquoise! I just don't think I would have the guts to do the same.

But if someone asked me what is my favorite color, I would most likely say blue or green. Or even better, a combination of both.

So, this morning, I took the "What's you color personality?" test at the Better Homes and Gardens website. After answering a couple of questions, here is the response I got:

It sounds like the hue you most relate to is green -- the color most evocative of nature. Adjectives such as kind, gentle, and contemplative likely describe you. You enjoy being involved with your neighbors and coworkers, but you also require plenty of time to yourself to recharge.You are social yet introverted, and modern but not trendy. Surround yourself with your signature color to create a restful, soothing environment. From sage to hunter, green can work well in virtually every room of your house. Use it generously to create a haven you'll love coming home to.

So, it sounds like green is my color! So far, I have green walls in a bathroom, green bedding, green candles and some green plants in my living room...

3 comments:

  1. I'm apparently blue...
    "Based on your answers, you seem to possess the traits associated with the color blue. Whether it's the bright blue of the sky or the aquamarine blue of the ocean, this hue is known for being calm, restful, and relaxing. You tend to be traditional, dependable, and loyal -- your friends know you'll come through for them when they need you.You are also likely to remain calm during a crisis -- yet another reason friends seek you out. One caveat: Beware your perfectionist tendencies! Sometimes you just have to kick back and let things go. At home, you can use serene blues to turn your bathroom into a spa sanctuary -- perfect for blue-lovers who thrive on being pampered."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhhhm... Right.

    Like yellow's strongest symbol, the sun, you radiate warmth. Others love to be around you because you have a gift for always looking on the bright side, and your ready smile can be infectious. Chances are your calendar is packed -- yellow lovers tend to be always on the go!Your signature color indicates someone imaginative and creative, so don't be afraid to express yourself through the way you dress and the way you decorate your home. Cheerful yellow is the ideal hue for a kitchen, laundry room, or any room that needs some extra brightness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John, I cannot stop laughing! But hey - at least our home is yellow and I know you are a fan of that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails