Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back from Camping

I am not sure I still have any viewers...

But just in case someone out there is still reading, I will go ahead and attempt to get back into the groove of posting.

I was gone camping this weekend and although I wanted to get back to my blog right when I got back, I was occupied doing the laundry, cleaning the bathrooms, vacuuming the floors, emptying the dishwasher and loading the dishwasher, going through piles of emails...

Now that my home is in order I can sit down and relax a bit. That is how I function. If my surrounding is a mess, my brain is also a mess.

Anyways, this past weekend was filled with sunshine, hikes, campfires, mosquito bites, long conversations, laughter and fun. I feel blessed to have friends that make the time to stay connected.
First we went on a walk

to pick blackberries

and we found this pretty flower on our way.

We headed over to the beach

to skip rocks

climb rocks

and pick up some rocks.

We played kubb

and built a fire.

We went on a hike

and watched the tides come in.

We enjoyed our time together and will forever cherish these memories!

7 comments:

  1. I am your viewer. :) Your pictures are gorgeous - and tell that girl that those jeans make her booty look awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for being my viewer! That girl is my sister and I wish I had her booty. :) The best part is that she bought those jeans at a thrift store for $5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a viewer too! Although lately I haven't been able to post comments; silly firefox. That looks like a great trip; where was it? I wish I could have been there for the long conversations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joel: We went to Deception Pass. Maybe you and Abbie can come camping with us - although you may have to wait until next summer.

    Kate: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubb

    ReplyDelete
  5. i read i read! i agree with those jeans...if only every amazing pair was student-ly priced at $5 :)

    was it from goodwill?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jeans are from the Children's Hospital thrift store.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails