Friday, August 20, 2010

Never a Bridesmaid, but Definitely a Bride

My sister and I recently attended a wedding and while I was wearing my one and only little black dress, she pointed out that I would make a beautiful bridesmaid. Since I am married and therefore am a bride, the saying Always a bridesmaid, never a bride does not apply to me - so I am making up my own: Never a bridesmaid, but definitely a bride.

So, why have I never been a bridesmaid before? I don't know. Maybe because I don't have many girlfriends. Maybe because my girlfriends are not ready to get married. Maybe because my girlfriends don't think I am a close friend? I suppose all these possibilities could be true...but I hope it is not because my friends don't see me as a good friend.

Anyways, below is a picture my sister took of me - and she calls this my bridesmaid pose...which one day I will get to perfect when she is the bride!


P.S. This post was not written to become an advertisement - because I am really not advertising myself as a bridesmaid. I mostly just wanted to post this picture that my sister took of me :)

2 comments:

  1. cute! although, I don't know if you ever get to be a maid anymore, because I think you have to be a matron ... I don't want to burst any bubbles, but there it is ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I think the word "matron" is just ugly. Who came up with that term?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails