Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Full August

This August is the month of exciting events. Not a day goes by for me to not feel excited about something that is coming up.

First was a trip to Colorado. Just so you all know, John and I had not flown for more than 4 years. As a matter of fact, the last time we were both in an airplane was in 2006 when we were heading up to Alaska to be camp counselors. Needless to say, this trip to Colorado was very exciting for us.

Second was a cousin's wedding - which was the reason we flew to Colorado. The week was full of busyness and we often felt tired due to the lack of oxygen in high altitudes. However, the wedding was beyond beautiful and we enjoyed ourselves thoroughly.

Third is my Soul Birthday - which is today. I decided to be baptized and commit my life to God nine years ago today. This was perhaps the best decision I could ever make without a doubt.

Fourth is the first kiss anniversary - happening tomorrow. Maybe it is weird that John and I celebrate the day we first kissed, but that was a very special day for both of us. We had been dating for almost 10 months when we both felt ready to take our relationship to the next level. We had talked about taking our physical relationship slow - mainly because we had learned from observation that many people got ahead of themselves and the physical part of their relationship took over. Wanting to get to know each other beyond just the physical, John and I were very intentional about going slow.

"Promise me, O women of Jerusalem, not to awaken love until the time is right." Song of Solomon 8:4

Fifth is Andra and Matthew's wedding - happening on Saturday. This will be the third wedding John and I are attending this summer. Still, we could not be more excited. Marriage is a gift from God and being present as two people commit their lives to each other in the presence of God, family and friends is just breath taking. To this day, John and I fall more in love every time we attend a wedding together - mainly because weddings serve as a reminder of the promise we made to each other and to God. However, I have to say that I will be missing John...since he is in the wedding party and I will not get to sit right next to him.

Sixth, I will get to see a great friend who I have not seeing for more than a year.

Seventh, we are going on a camping trip with friends and I am SO excited I can hardly wait! I will definitely be posting pictures as these events come and go. So, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails