Monday, October 10, 2011

A Spontaneous Date up North

John and I had a very wonderful weekend in our new hometown. We went for a walk late at night and discovered what the night life is like (nothing too exciting), slept in, hiked with friends, visited a brewery, played games, visited a church, drove around and saw new neighborhoods, went on another walk (during the day), snuggled and felt inspired to go out on a date!

At about 8:30pm last night John and I were going to make smoothies – which sounded like a good idea until I said: “I really want to eat a juicy piece of steak right now.”

John got excited and told me to get dressed for a date (which means get dressed in cute clothes).
I told him it was late and everything would be closing by now (a sad reality when you live in a small town). He proceeded to get dressed as well and before we knew it we wore driving toward town. It turned out that all the restaurants were either closed or closing.

I told John we could go back home and make the smoothies we were going to make. John replied: “But I REALLY want steak too!”
So, we stopped at the grocery store – looking cute for our date night – and bought steaks.

We ate the yummy steak with red wine (surrounded by candles) at 10:00pm! It was wonderful.
Also, I must mention that we couldn’t go to sleep for a long time because we were too full. We were too full to sleep but we were absolutely glad we ate the steak late at night and all.


Mr. John Nobile, I love being married to you and having spontaneous late night dates that include steak, wine and candles!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails