Monday, October 17, 2011

The Joy Giver

For the past few weeks, maybe months, I have struggled in my commitment to spend time with God on a daily basis.  As a daughter to the King, I believe that there is nothing more soothing than spending time with the Lord…yet, I am so bad at setting time aside to be with my Father. I get busy with laundry, dishes, phone calls, editing photos, cleaning the bathroom and before I know it the day is over and I never even acknowledged God’s presence in my life. I act as if a friend had come to visit, but I am too busy to spend time with the friend and do my own thing as if I were alone.

Just confessing this makes my heart sad.
My spirit misses His words, His love, His joy.

This past week John mentioned that I have been very negative, moody and easily irritable lately. He said I am not full of joy the way I normally am. John’s remarks made me so sad…and yet he was right. I realized I am not full of joy because I have not been spending time with the joy giver.

Friends, I want the Lord’s joy back in my heart!
Create in me a pure heart, O God,
and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me from your presence
or take your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of your salvation
and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.


Psalm 51:10-12


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails