Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I am not in Class Today

So, today is the first day of Autumn quarter at the University of Washington - and I am not in class.

I cannot describe how strange this feels.

Unlike many people, I actually liked school - a lot. Sure, I got tired many times and dreamed of sleeping in - which at the time 7:00am would have been sleeping in. But now that I am no longer an undergraduate student, I miss the libraries, the random people I ran into during the day, the backpack that became a part of my body, the activities on the HUB lawn. I miss the place I am so familiar with.

UW taught me to be more independent, to walk faster, to enjoy little breaks, to use my time wisely, to expand my brain in ways I didn't know I could.

I want to see Mount Rainier behind Drumheller Fountain. I want to see the trees turn orange and yellow. I want to see the cherry blossoms.

I want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails