Monday, October 5, 2009

On the Road Again!

This past weekend was definitely not our normal routine.

First, my husband John was away at a men's retreat and I missed him dearly. I know this may seem silly to some of you, but John and I have only been apart one night since we got married over 14 months ago. I didn't want Friday to come because just the thought of not having him close to me made me sad. Some people say that this desire to be close to our spouses all the time is a sign that we are still newlyweds...and that the feeling will change over time.

Honestly, I don't like that idea. It may be true - I don't know what my relationship with my husband will be like in two years - but I like to think that we are going to continue enjoying each other's presence so much that a night apart is no fun.

On the other hand, I got to spend GREAT times with my mother and sister!! I do miss living with my family and it is a real treat to be able to spend a weekend with some of my closest friends.

What did we do?

Well, we woke up early on Saturday and drove for more than 3 hours (each way) in order to pick concord grapes from the vines. The weather was perfect and the fall colors stood out as we drove by rocky mountains. Unfortunately I do not have a picture of the beautiful trees.

We picked more than 20 pounds of grapes and they are being consumed at an incredible rate!
Concord grapes smell just like sweet grape juice...and that aroma filled the car.

I wish you cold smell them through this picture.
The drive back was tiring and I had to focus in order to keep my eyes open. I enjoyed listening to Jars of Clay as I drove my way through windy mountains. We got home safely and I passed out on the floor immediately after.

This next part makes me giggle inside - because I woke up with John whispering my name in my ear! I missed his deep voice, his gentle touch and even his not-shaved face!!

All I can say is that I am blessed to have a family and a husband that love me so dearly - and I love each one of them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails