Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Love

My beloved husband is turning a year older today.


Happy Birthday to John!!


Just playing around, I usually ask him if he feels like an old man yet. He ALWAYS responds by saying that he is not old and reminds me that I am not old either. I am convinced he will be saying that when we are in our 90s.

I know that in reality, we are not old (yet) but time travels so fast that I can hardly keep track of the date these days. Three years ago I got to celebrate John's birthday for the first time - we were just friends at that point - and I can't believe we are now married.

Three years ago I gave John two Alaska pictures framed and singed by me - with my maiden last name.


Isn't Alaska just gorgeous?
I am sure I would never get tired of looking at these mountains.


Today, these pictures hang in our bedroom as a reminder of the place that brought us together in first place!

**In 2006, John and I signed up to be camp counselors in Alaska through the University Presbyterian Church. We started dating about 6 months later.

Since those camp days, I have become John's greatest fan and I thank God daily for giving me such a wonderful man.

Here are a list of characteristics that makes John be the unique person that he is - and I just love him for these qualities!

  • He hugs with his body - this is no awkward side hug - this is a full embrace that demonstrates he cares
  • His organization skills are so helpful!
  • He loves God and desires to know Him more
  • He has a giggle that melts my heart
  • He is devoted to family and friends
  • He can be brutally honest
  • He is always learning something new
  • He is himself no matter what

I am thrilled to celebrate one more year of life with John, and I pray for many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails