Friday, April 2, 2010

April Begins...

...with April fool’s day.

And I really dislike April fool’s jokes.

I know that some of you might think that I am a 'party pooper' with no sense of humor, and that may be true at times. However, when it comes to April fool’s jokes, that is not the case.

I don't dislike them because I don't think they are funny; some of them are hilarious. Instead, I don't like them because I never know which ones are jokes and which ones are truths.

Yesterday I opened my facebook to find ridiculous amounts of status updates and I couldn't figure out if people were being serious of if what they were saying was a joke. This causes me to be suspicious about everything. I just assume that everything is fake - and I should not give it any thought.

AND I really dislike wondering if people are being truthful or not. It is awful to assume that they are lying.

A friend announced that she is pregnant with twins.
What do I say about that?
Congrats!
Or
Good one!

Another friend announced that she is getting married.
My first thought was:
“No you’re not!”
Later I felt bad for assuming it wasn’t true.

Because of instances like these, I dislike April fool’s jokes…

But I get to celebrate my grandma’s birthday on that same day – and that is a good thing!

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way - I think God wants to work on my heart to become less bitter and more trusting in people. BUT (because of lying, hurtful mouths) there are some people I will just never trust all the way, which is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On april fools day, Stephanie and I were trying to play a trick on April but we couldn't figure anything out. At the end of the day when we went out to dinner when we were leaving the restaurant stephanie receives a text message and says that we need to find another place to stay the next night. We were going to stay at her aunt's house but Stephanie said that her aunt and grandma were sick so we needed to find some other place to stay the next nigth. I totaly thought it was a joke but it wasn't. I was embarrased.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails