Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ouch

My parents had my ears pierced the day I was born, and for that I am very thankful! Unlike many other girls, I never had to wait to become a 'certain age’ to get my ears pierced and I always enjoyed that I was a step ahead of everyone else.

Well, when I got to High School I really wanted to get something else pierced….
I thought about my bellybutton, knowing my mom would never let me get away with that. I then decided that my cartilage would be a good option.

When my parents told me I had to wait until I was eighteen to get my cartilage pierced, I decided to settle down and just get my ears double pierced – at least for the moment.

By the time I turned eighteen, I didn’t want my cartilage, bellybutton or anything else pierced. I was content with the double piecing.

Since then, I feel naked whenever I am not wearing earrings. However, being allergic to everything but gold, I don’t have many options to pick and choose from. For most of my double piercing life, I have had one pair of studs that have become a part of my body.

This last year I decided to get little diamond studs and they looked great. But I lost one of the earrings…and I bought another pair and lost one of those as well.

So, for the past three months I have been wearing no earrings in that second piercing and it really bothers me.

Today, I went through all my jewelry trying to find those old studs and I found them!!!
I also found out that one of the piercings had filled in…and I had to re-pierce it.

OUCH!!!

My ear is throbbing and once again I am thankful my parents got my first piercings done when I was too young to remember if it hurt or not.

P.S. I looked like a boy when I was born – and didn’t have any hair until I turned two…so the earrings might have helped me look a little more girly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails