Friday, November 6, 2009

Walk the Walk

This morning I finished reading the "Mark of the Lion" series. And I loved every single book!

I have learned so much while reading through each page that I want everyone I know to read them too. People, go get your copy and start reading/learning!!

For the first time in my life I have sat down to read a book (or books) that focuses explicitly on loving others the way God loves us. Each chapter, each story emphasizes our need to love others and forgive them no matter what.

Seriously, "no matter what" sometimes sounds like too much to ask of someone. So many times I had to put the book down and pray that God would change my heart from deep within. So many times I read the pages thinking:

"Really God?"
"Forgive her too?"
"How is she supposed to love him?"
"How?"

I still don't have the answers for all my questions, but I do know that God continuously calmed my heart by reminding me that "I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13

The book As Sure as the Dawn is all about persevering and trusting God - knowing that God's plan does not fail. Here is a paragraph that really caught my attention:

"Our work isn't to change the way these people live. It's not to fight against a pagan idol any more than it's for Atretes (the main character) to try to beat into their heads a belief in Christ. Our work is to devote our own lives to pleasing God. It's that simple. We're to devote our efforts to learning to think as God thinks, to see ourselves and others through his eyes, to walk as he walked. That's our life work."

As simple as that life work may sound, it is hard to do. Pride gets in the way and stubbornness keeps us from seeing God's ways accurately. However, it is good to be reminded that God has high expectations from his people. He sent Jesus for us to learn from him and not merely agree that he is a good man. It is time to walk the walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails