Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Different Kind of Day

Since June, I have not ridden the bus. That is a HUGE deal because for the past four years I have spent at least two hours of my day on a bus. First there was the 271 (my sister calls this one my boyfriend, because we spent so much time together), then the 556, 372, 540, 545, 44, 522...

Well, today I got on the 372 and sat on the seat I claimed as my own in the past year. I pulled out a book - The Atonement Child - and read for about 50 minutes. During that ride I took a couple minutes to remind myself how much I actually like being on buses. I am sure no one else shares this enjoyment with me, but there is something about being on a bus with a bunch of people from all kinds of walks in life that makes me really happy. I would like to write a story about the stories of people who take buses. I am convinced that each individual would have something meaningful to share with the world.

My destination today?

The hospital.

I had an appointment that lasted over two hours. TWO HOURS!

I sat in a waiting room...and then another waiting room.

The doctor came in to let me know that she was a patient behind and she would be with me shortly. Forty minutes later she came back and I had finished reading my book and had moved on to a Nutrition magazine.

I finally got to talk to the doctor - who happened to be one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I kept thinking that she should be in a medical TV show and not in a real hospital.

Anyways, I got to talk to two more doctors after that. Then I had two x-rays, two blood tests, peed in a cup and got on two other buses to meet John.

Wow. I am glad this is not my normal routine!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the long amount of time spent at the hospital. On the other hand, I miss riding around buses in Nanchang, China. I rather enjoyed riding the 24, 207, 208, 220 and some others. : ) Walking around random cities is fun too. My friend Jonathan and I spent 6 hours walking around Bangkok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaron, you should come visit sometime so we can take a day to ride buses to downtown!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails