Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Sorry, I Can't Hear You

Since I was a baby I have had ear problems.

Throughout life there has been many doctor visits, antibiotics, pain, discharge (which sounds gross just to think about)...

Well, it turns out that the ear still has issues.

I have had a cold for the past couple of days and now I have an ear infection to go with it. Besides the pain, the worse part of having an ear infection is the inability to hear anything out of the ear.

I feel like my whole body is out of balance – when it is missing half of a sense. Just the simple task of buying groceries becomes a little harder.

The cashier asks: Do you have our Connection Card?

I answer: Do I have what?

The cashier: A Connection Card.

Not wanting to say “what?” again, I stop to think – trying to figure out what she is saying. Thirty seconds later I remember that the cashiers always ask for the Connection Card.

I say: Oh, the Connection Card! Yes, I have that.

Needless to say, I try to stay away from people when I can’t hear them. However, every time I get an ear infection I am reminded to thank God for the many parts of my body that function just fine. It is easy to take our physical and even mental and emotional abilities for granted.

I also thank God for health insurance – because this tiny tube of antibiotics cost almost the same as our monthly groceries budget!

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Health insurance is definitely a blessing! I hope you start to feel better : ).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails