Tuesday, October 13, 2009

On My Bedside Table

My bedside table is looking quite full lately, which means that I have been spending many hours of the day reading.

Growing up, I was not a reader. I read the school assigned books - because I was too scared of getting a bad grade on a book report or a pop quiz. I also did not trust Spark Notes.

So, I read an immense list of books. Some I hated, like Lord of the Flies and others I loved, like To Kill a Mockingbird.

It wasn't until high school that I started reading books that I was not forced to read. This new found enjoyment started with the book When the Road Ends. Since then, I have longed for free time so I can find a cozy seat and enjoy what I now call: brain food.

Without a job, I now have plenty of 'free' time and I am enjoying this time with some amazing books. I am currently reading three books: Brain rules, The Hole in our Gospel and An Echo in the Darkness. These books have taught me great things in different ways....and I look forward to sitting down and consuming every page.

Stay tuned for more thoughts on what I am learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails