Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's Pizza Time

John and I had a couple of friends over for dinner this past Friday and we made pizza!

I am not a fan of greasy pizza...so I like to make my own - with the help of Trader Joe's $1.29 pizza dough.

We made this same pizza about a month ago and I have been wanting more ever since.

John is usually too kind and rolls out the dough for me - I don't like doing that part. But John is VERY good at it!


We put the dough on a cooking sheet with oats instead of flour and let the dough cook for about 7 minutes (without the toppings). John discovered that when we put all the topping on the pizza and put it in the oven, the dough does not cook thoroughly...instead there are some gooey parts in the middle.

After the 7 minutes, we took out the dough from the oven and added the toppings. When it comes to the ingredients, I use what I have.

Instead of using red sauce, I decided to use a brush to spread olive oil, garlic and sea salt all over the dough. The sea salt makes a big difference!

Next I added some Italian Seasoning for taste (because I was out of oregano).

I cut a bunch of cilantro and green onions into small pieces and spread around the dough. I added Monterey Jack cheese and chicken pieces on the top, as well as a sliced onion and green pepper.


**This time, we had some chicken already fried with olive oil, salt, peeper, Italian seasoning and a little bit of ginger.


The pizza goes back in the oven and we cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is all melted and golden!
I do not have a picture of the final result - because I was too hungry and forgot to take a picture when the pizza came out of the oven. However, I guarantee that it looked and smelled delicious.

The final results was also mouth watering! What I like most about this pizza is that I can taste each ingredient, and the pizza itself is not covered in grease or fat.

Bon Appetit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails