Friday, October 23, 2009

No Godzilla Today

I have never been a 'morning person' and I don't think I will ever swing over to that side of the pendulum, but for someone who did not sleep well and woke up at 4am not being able to go back to sleep, I am doing pretty good so far!

For reasons I cannot understand, I could not sleep last night - and it was driving me crazy as I tossed and turned in bed trying to find things to think about - when all I wanted to do was fall asleep.

I knew I had to get up at 6:30 and I was afraid of being Godzilla the rest of the day. As I met up with two friends at 7:30 to go volunteer at New Horizons Ministries, I prayed that God would help me not be grumpy. Well, it looks like my prayers were answered!

I had a wonderful morning and I am ready to cuddle with a blanket and a book for a little while.

P.S. One of my biggest fears as someone who hopes to be a parent someday has been that fact that I will have to get up in the middle of the night to feed/change diaper/sing a song to a crying baby. Whenever this picture pops in my head, I start thinking that I am not going to be a happy mommy...and I hope to learn to love my children in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails