Monday, March 19, 2012

Our California Adventure

The drive to California last week happened just as planned (most of the time) and I loved getting to see the geography and landscape change every few hours. God is so creative...I could never come up with such beautiful places.
The moon was absolutely gorgeous as we drove through California's emptiness.
I must have seen thousands of rolling, dry hills like these.
We ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere...and the guys pushed the van up the hill...we coasted down the hill...and when facing the next hill we decided to wait for AAA.
Upon entering our hotel room, I learned that one should NEVER hang a hanger on the sprinkler head.
Can you tell I was travelling with a few coffee lovers? 
We got to see dear friends become husband and wife! Aaron and Lily, we are SO happy for you!!!
They had a beautiful wedding. Do you see their joy?
We visited Vasquez Rocks - where an episode of Star Trek was filmed.
Oh, look at us wearing summery clothes!
Cool shot by John.
We also ran into a few High Performance Off Road Vehicles - AKA: remote control cars
They looked so real!

I should add that I went to Chipotle twice while in California! They are WAY more generous with their portions in that part of the country.  I can't complain.

We drove back to Washington at night and the drive felt soooo long. I could not wait to take a shower and fall asleep in a bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails