Monday, February 1, 2010

Winter Retreat 2010

I just got back from a retreat with my church’s high school students.

This was my first retreat as a ‘leader’ and I had a lot of fun, slept very little and ate lots of bad food.

We had an amazing speaker, Martin, who is a Christian rapper in Kenya. I came back inspired to live for Jesus. Martin is a strong and bold man of God and his story is an example of God's faithfulness - I'll have to tell you more about it in another post.

Martin spoke about:

1. Learning to know Jesus - John 2:1-10
2. Making the gospel known to others – II Timothy 4:1-5

His message was a wonderful reminder of what our priorities should be.

I was also reminded of God's creativity and beauty as I looked around at the spectacular forest that surrounded us.

Check out our view!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails