Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Listening to Shame

It has been almost 5 months since I listened to Brené Brown talk about the power of vulnerability and once again I returned to TED to listen to Brené talk about the topic of shame.

This past Sunday, John and I were driving home after church - talking about what stops us from moving forward with the plans that God has for us. I said that comparison is the thorn in my side. I tend to compare myself with others and as a result I am either filled with shame or pride - either way, I find myself in an unhealthy and sinful state of mind.

There was a time in life when pride ruled me in many ways. I was aware of this character flaw and battled it almost constantly. These days I find myself dwelling in the opposite side of the spectrum.

Shame tells me that I am not good enough but again and again I choose to believe that "I can do all things through him who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails