Monday, April 15, 2013

Happy Despite the Mess

My kitchen sink is full of dirty dishes from last night and this morning. The dishwasher is full of clean dishes that need to be put away. The laundry pile is resembling a small version of Mt. Rainier. The bed is a mess. The floors need to be vacuumed. The counter-top is covered with bread crumbs.

That is the current state of my home and I am OK with it.

I love a clean home (I can think better when my home is clean and organized), but I am learning that sometimes it is more important to give my full attention to my husband, daughter, family and friends. I am learning to relax and enjoy the present without constantly thinking about my TO DO list.

Today the house work is going to wait because Sariah and I have more important things to do with our time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails