Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Busy-ness No More

There was a time in life when I felt very busy all-the-time. All my conversations ended up on the topic of busy-ness. I noticed my bad habit of talking about how busy I was all the time when other people did the same to me and I got annoyed. Who wants to sit down with anyone and listen about how busy they are? No one.

I decided that many things needed to change so I could live a balanced life, having time to invest into the people and activities I loved. The beginning of college was a great time in life to begin new habits and I made the decision to not live a 'busy' life anymore.

The past 8 years have been such a gift: I have had time to make new friends, I have had time to fall in love with my Savior again and again, I have had time to start my photography business, I have had time to exercise, I have had time to get to know the man I am now married to, I have had time to be part of great Bible studies, I have had time to cook dinners, I have had time to laugh and be silly, I have had time to encourage old friends and new ones, I have had time to cherish my daughter...I have had time to do a lot of things I am passionate about and I would never want to go back to my 'busy' life.

This article by Lifehacker sums up everything I have ever wanted to say about the "Cult of Busy." Take a moment and check it out! You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails