Friday, May 3, 2013

Feeling Helpless

Sariah has been sick and it has been hard to watch our normally chatty, always smiling,energetic girl turn into a quiet, whinny and lethargic baby.

John and I woke up three nights ago with the sound of Sariah crying like she was in pain. We got her from her crib and brought her into our room. I tried to nurse her but she just cried no matter what. We didn't know what to do. We called the nurse-line, took her temperature, played with her a little bit, finally got her to nurse, turned on the vaporizer and prayed.

For the first time as new parents, John and I felt so helpless! It was awful. We realized deep in our hearts that we cannot always protect Sariah.

I have a feeling that raising a child (or more in the future) is going to greatly strengthen our prayer life and I hope we will continue to learn to trust God and not worry about the ifs and whens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails