Monday, April 4, 2011

Love Story

Well, I have one CD in my car right now. I should say, I have one CD with one song in my car right now.

Do you want to guess what it is?

Well, I bet you didn’t expect it to be a CD with a Taylor swift song. Yup. Taylor Swift!
I sang "Love Story” all the way to work and back home today. I turned the volume really loud and sang at the top of my lungs. I pretty much felt like I was 16 years old again.

Now that I am home, I still have the song playing in my head.

…We were both young when I first saw you…

I think it is interesting that I like that even though I know the end of the true Romeo and Juliet story. There is nothing romantic about that end. They die - I should say, they commit suicide!  I also happen to know what romantic relationships are like – and there is a lot more to it than a ring and a white dress.

I have been married for almost three years and I am still learning what true love is. It is not perfect, it takes work, it is not always romantic, it requires an abundant amount of grace and it is definitely worth fighting for. My love story is nothing like what Swift’s song suggests - but it is real!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails