Monday, April 18, 2011

A Cleaning Weekend

John and I recently had some work done in our bathrooms – which means that while the bathrooms started to look awesome, our house quickly became a home to lots of dust.

Our friend Chad – did a wonderful job! He made our old vanities look new, tiled our counters, painted our bathrooms and installed a fan that  has so much power that the mirrors never get foggy. Ever since I got married and moved to our current home, I have been dreaming of not having foggy mirrors and sweaty bathroom walls. My dream has come true! (If you ever need some help getting home projects done, let me know and I’ll connect you with Chad.)

The not so exciting part about this renovation included having to live in a dusty home for a while – and later, having to clean it all up. I am sure I have mentioned before that I like things to be clean and organized. It was so hard to see a layer of dust on everything.

So, this past weekend we cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. John helped me.

We changed the bed, washed lots of clothes, dusted, mopped…and at the end of the day, passed out. I am so glad we live in a small home…

There is still some dust lingering in the air, but our home is no longer infested with it. I can breathe and think and walk barefoot again!

The best part is that we can now enjoy our new bathrooms – and I am totally obsessed with the new fan. Really, it is amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails