Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Being Authentic

I feel embarrassed to confess this, but I can be a very judgmental person in some situations. I have noticed that it is easier for me to become judgmental when I allow Satan to plant seeds of jealousy in my heart. Being aware of my own weaknesses has allowed me to work on very specific areas of my heart. It has also helped me seek God’s forgiveness and guiding when I notice these sins creeping into my life. But I also get discouraged when I notice myself falling into the same sin again and again – it is the thorn on my side.


Lately, I have not felt satisfied with life. I feel busy, tired, pulled into ten different directions, etc. This kind of feeling (and attitude) leads me to look at the lives of some friends and become envious. You know, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Except, in my heart I don’t want to feel that way. I want to wake up in the morning and be thankful for the day the Lord has given me – knowing that He has prepared work for me to do that has eternal value. I want my life to make a difference in this world. I don’t want to live wishing things were different or better. I want to live an authentic life!


What is hard to believe is that I am the only thing stopping me from living that authentic life.


I need less of me and more of Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails