Monday, December 14, 2009

Not the Same Without You

This past weekend was a big one for many reasons – but one specific reason is a bigger deal than others.

John and I were apart for two nights for the first time since we got married 1.5 years ago.

I know that couples all over the world spend days, weeks, months and even years far away from each other, but I can barely handle a weekend – and I’m ok with that.

Since John was gone for a bachelor party, I spent time with my family – and had a great time, just not as great was it could have been if John had been there with me.

Multiple times I thought about what John would have said if he was part of a conversation…I wondered what he was doing at specific times of the day and wished he was close to me.

These feelings came and surprised John and I quite a bit – because we were unaware that we have become one in so many ways. It is interesting that we discovered how much we love being with each other once we were far apart.

Although I do not like the feeling of being far away from John, I delight in the fact that we miss each other that much because we value what we have. I enjoyed coming home last night to find John passed out on the couch waiting for me.

We chatted for a long time. I could not keep my mouth quiet for a single minute until I told him everything in detail that had happened while he was gone. John showed me pictures of the weekend and filled me in the ‘important’ parts.

Needless to say, our time together was not enough because soon the alarm went off and it was time to go to work. I look forward to some free time together this coming Christmas!

Here are some of the things that happened to me while John was gone:
  • I got my hair straightened. Yes, my hair is straight right now and I have not taken a picture yet. I better work on that before the hair goes back to its natural state.
  • I went to a Christmas party by myself (and it felt weird to be dateless).
  • I did an amazing parking job at a very full garage. This is a big deal too because I drive a manual and I didn’t think I could do what I did so beautifully. I wish I had taken a picture of it and the people who gave me thumbs up…but I was already late and had to run (in heals, while very dressed up with my straight hair flying everywhere).
  • I watched Invictus and liked it.
  • I got big blisters from running in heals, but I would like to think that it was worth it!
  • I went to church and watched the ECF children do great at the Christmas play.
  • I got to be with wonderful women all afternoon doing a service project.
So, I did miss John a lot, but I can't really complain about my weekend. I just wish John had been there to do some of these thigs with me.

Well, that is it for now. I will work on getting some pictures next time.

1 comment:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you feel and what you mean when you're away from your spouse. Shoot, a lot of the times I feel that way when I am away at work. I continually wonder if it's possible for couples to be crazy missing their spouse and passionately loving them...for the rest of their lives....no matter how old you get. I'm sure it is possible but it seems rare now-a-day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails