Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Merry Christmas!

Christmas is definitely my favorite time of the year. I love the festive spirit and the excitement everywhere I go.

John and I start of by getting a Christmas tree and carrying it home – because our car is too small to have a tree tied to it. Decorating is fun – but the most exciting part is preparing to celebrate Jesus’ Birthday! I love to read and reread the story of Jesus and listen to Christmas songs that are all about this gift that God has given us.

This year, I am trying really hard to not get caught up in the business of shopping, but instead give my attention to the one we are celebrating. However, this is ALWAYS a hard task. The past couple of weeks have been busy with dinners, parties, Christmas shows, wedding….and to be honest, it is hard to focus on Jesus.

So, today I am intentionally setting aside some time to be still and thank God for giving us a Savior.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas where ever you are!



Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails