Thursday, August 22, 2013

Afraid to Hope and Trust

God has been revealing some areas of my heart that need to be transformed and while I am excited to grow and become more like Jesus, it is overwhelming to think about it at times.

I am not sure exactly when this happened, or perhaps it happened a little at a time, but I have found that sometime in the past 8 years I steered away from hope and therefore steered away from trusting God. I have become afraid of hoping because things might not turn out the way I hoped and I have not trusted God at times because He may have different plans that I don't know or don't understand. I have promoted myself as the captain of my ship and determined to navigate where I thought best. However, being a captain of ones life is tiring and I am tired of attempting to figure it all out on my own.

It is time to step down from my self promotion and allow God to be God in my life. It is time to trust that He has perfect plans for me and for my family. It is time to hope with my whole heart, knowing that hoping passionately is exhilarating and heart-breaking at the same time...and that is how it should be.

Today I declare myself ready to embark on a journey toward the unknown and my Spirit giggles with anticipation because God is about to exercise my trust-muscles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails