Thursday, February 28, 2013

Real Affirmation

More than a year ago I posted this image on my blog because it really spoke to me. Throughout life, I have struggled in comparing myself with others - and once again, God is reminding me to focus on Him.

This is what I read in today's devotion out of the book Jesus Calling by Sarah Young:

"Stop judging and evaluating yourself, for this is not your role. Above all, stop comparing yourself with other people. This produces feelings of pride or inferiority; sometimes, a mixture of both. I lead each of My children along a path that is uniquely tailor-made for him or her. Comparing is not only wrong; it is also meaningless.

Don't look for affirmation in the wrong places; your own evaluations, or those of other people. The only source of real affirmation is My unconditional Love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails