Monday, March 11, 2013

Favorites: 0-6 months

  • Bodysuits with zippers: changing the baby is way easier and faster.
  • Reusable wipes: we went through a lot of disposable wipes in Sariah's first week of life and I am glad we quickly decided to get some washcloths to use as wipes.
  • Wipe Solution: I fill a little squirt bottle (that I got from my midwife when Sariah was born) with warm water and a few drops of California Baby body wash.
  • White noise: we have a 'white noise' app on our phones and computers. YouTube also has a great 8 hour video of waterfall sounds.
  • Lanolin: I use a bit of it when it looks like Sariah might be getting a diaper rash. All the redness goes away in a few hours.
  • Bouncy seat: it was wonderful to have something to have a little seat to put Sariah down when I needed to get some things done.
  • Play mat: Sariah still loves her play mat.
  • Simple diaper bag: There are some really expensive bags out there and I have found that a simple travel tote works great.
  • Breast pump: While I was pregnant I discovered that many health insurances will cover breast pumps. After many phone calls, my insurance sent me the Medela Pump In Style Advanced. I only had to pay shipping and tax.
  • Carrier: I have not used many different carriers, but Sariah goes to sleep right away when I put her in the Moby or Ergo.
  • Flip Covers: We have 9 Flip covers and a bunch of prefold inserts and they work great! We are already saving lots of money by not using disposables full time.
  • Hand-me-downs: Babies grow super fast and hardly use the same outfit more than a few times.
  • Ikea's Expedit shelving unit: Great as a changing table and the baskets store lots of baby things.
  • Exercise ball: We never got a glider or rocking chair and instead bounced Sariah on the exercise ball. The up-and-down movement calmed her quickly.
  • Receiving blankets: Sariah spits up and drools a lot and we practically wear receiving blankets on our shoulders. The regular burp cloths are just too small.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails