Monday, August 6, 2012

The Heat Visited Us

We don't get too many hot days around here, but summer's true heat decided to visit us this past weekend. I refused to complain because I spend 90% of my life complaining about how cold it is up here all the time.

So, this past weekend, John and I filled water bottles with ice-water, packed a cooler with watermelon, cheese and crackers, grabbed a few blankets as well as a few books and headed to the park. We sat under a shady tree for hours and hours and enjoyed every minute of it. Also, have I mentioned that I love to just sit in public places and watch whatever is going on around me?

Saturday and Sunday I saw:
  • A little girl continuously try to get in the water while at the park. She made me look forward to future park days with my little girl.
  • Lots of sundresses and sandals!
  • Couples in love.
  • Sail boats.
  • A wedding photographer dominate the direct sunlight with some awesome equipment.
  • Little boys climbing trees!
  • Some HUGE sunglasses.
  • A dad try to teach his son to fly a kite for hours.
  • My swollen hands and feet.
  • Two pugs having a hard time breathing while on a walk.
I saw a lot more...but I think you get the picture.

On a different note, John is all excited because we finally got a carseat - and therefore are ready to have a baby. I must admit that I still don't feel 'ready' and may never feel as ready as I would like, but I love how practical my husband is. He was worried that our baby would arrive early and we would not have a carseat to bring her home. Now that the carseat is sitting in her room, John feels totally ready to go! At least one of us is feeling ready - six(ish) more weeks to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails