Monday, August 27, 2012

Here I Go Again

I have spent a lot of time these past few weeks preparing for birth, postpartum, parenthood...but I recently have been hearing the Spirit whispering, reminding me to not forget my first love.

As I stop to listen to those whispers, I pray for those who come to mind, I praise God for His unfailing love, I ask for direction as I want to glorify Him with my life. Although parenthood is still around the corner, I am starting to see how distracting a child can be and how easy it could be to become so involved in my role as a parent that I forget to spend time with my Father in heaven and even ignore His call for my life.

While I believe that being the best parent I can be is part of God's call for me, I am convicted that being a parent is not the whole picture. My Spirit thirsts for me to encourage others while sharing about God's love and plan for each and every person. My hearts yearns for me to speak the words of life with fire in my eyes.

The song "Here I Go Again" by Casting Crowns, perfectly describes what has been in my heart today:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails