Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Life is a Miracle - Enjoy It!

Once again my heart is aching for friends who have lost their baby long before the arrival of their due date. Today it feels like too many mommies and daddies will not get to see their little ones grow up.
When John and I found out we were pregnant, we were excited to share the news with family and friends. We decided to go against the trend of waiting until the 12th week of gestation (when chances of miscarriages are much lower) to share the news because we felt our little baby was a precious gift that must be celebrated, even if we did not get to meet him or her after a full term pregnancy.
During those first few months, I remember asking John if he thought our baby was going to make it. I remember him looking straight in my eyes, right into my heart, while saying: “I think so, but only God knows for sure.” I was afraid something was going to happen and our joy would turn into mourning. I was afraid I was going to experience what so many of my friends have already experienced.

I often fell asleep praying for the little baby inside of me; begging God to keep him or her safe. I didn’t care if we were going to have a boy or a girl; I just wanted to hold a healthy baby in my arms.
Since those first few months, I have learned that every day of life is a wonderful miracle worth celebrating!

During this pregnancy, I have refused to let joint pain, lack of sleep and heartburn ruin my joy and excitement for the life that is growing inside of me. I have refused to let fear take away my joy because too many of my friends have not gotten to experience 33 weeks of gestation.
In the past year, my heart has hurt again and again for friends who could not hear their baby’s heartbeat during different stages of pregnancy. Witnessing their loss and pain has taught me to celebrate every minute of life; after all, we never know if we will get to celebrate it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails