Wednesday, January 4, 2012

A Year Older

Yesterday was my birthday and I can now say that I am 26 years old!
OK, I know this is going to sound silly…but 26 sounds really old to me. When other people turn 26, I don’t think that they are really old. My grandma is in her 70s and I don’t think that sounds really old. But being 26 sounds old to me because I am 26. Does that make sense? No? Sorry for being confusing…

To tell you the truth I still kind of felt like I was 17 until recently. I felt like a teenager in some ways and I liked feeling that way. Over the past few years (especially in 2011) I started feeling like a grown up.

It may have started when I got married…and then I finished school…started a new job…paid off debt…watched friends get married…babysat friend’s babies…started a photography business…moved to a new city…

Somewhere in the middle of all those life events I realized that I no longer felt like I was 17. Reality hit and it became very obvious that I am an adult.

So, as a 26 year old (adult) I will tell you that despite no longer feeling as young as I used to be, I had a great birthday! It started by being with family over Christmas and New Years. I enjoyed being with the people I love, opening gifts that are SO me and eating yummy meals in the spirit of celebration!

Yesterday, on my actual birthday, I got to wake up next to my beloved…who planned a surprise gift! He sent me a few emails during the day with little hints and told me to be ready by 4:30. I was so excited I could have been ready at noon.

He picked me up when he said he would and took me to get my very first professional massage!!! It was great and relaxing and great.

We had seafood for dinner (because all I wanted was to have seafood) and spent the rest of the night together. I felt so blessed.

It was truly a wonderful day!

I am so thankful for family and friends who made me feel so loved and cared for! I am so thankful for a Savior who has given me one more year of precious life! May my 26th year of life bring glory to the one who knit me together in my mother's womb and breathed life into my veins!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails