Thursday, January 21, 2010

A New Perspective

I started reading a new book today! So far, I am taking in every word as if the author was talking to me and me alone.

In The Noticer, by Andy Andrews (his parents were not very creative with is name), a character named Jones gives some pretty simple and yet meaningful advice to someone who is feeling like life just sucks.

These words stood out to me:

“Remember, whatever you focus upon, increases.

When you focus on the things you need, you’ll find those needs increasing. If you concentrate your thoughts on what you don’t have, you will soon be concentrating on other things that you had forgotten you don’t have – and feel worse! If you set your mind on loss, you are more likely to lose…But a grateful perspective brings happiness and abundance into a person’s life.”

I remembered these words today while looking at some wedding photos on a photographer’s website. I started admiring the pretty pictures and the beautiful weddings - wishing I had had this kind of bouquet and that kind of veil...

I think it is time to get a ‘grateful perspective.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails